The Platinum Preppy series, which has gained popularity since its first release in 2007. Its attraction is largely attributed to its writing performance style and remarkably low price. This time, the natural beauty of stainless steel is brought to the forefront by brightening the nib while obtaining a higher quality and performance. Also, by changing the ink color recognition from the nib color to the core color, it prevents error when using a variety of colors, and offers convenience to the user. Additionally, the graphic design of the body has been renewed: “Fine” is printed as “03 F” and “Medium” as “05 M,” facilitating the width recognition. Alike existing “preppy” models, it applies “Slip & Seal Mechanism” that prevents ink from drying out in the pen, even after a year without usage. It provides a smooth writing experience at anytime. By replacing the ink cartridge, users can enjoy the pen for a long time. With silicon grease or o-ring, you can even turn the Preppy into an eyedropper.
Platinum Preppy Wa limited edition was released recently and its a limited edition version with six auspicious patterns inspired by traditional Japanese designs.
- Reishigumo (Blue) - cloud pattern inspired by Reishi mushrooms, a symbol of immortality.
- Karakusa (Green) - pattern of unbroken ivy, symbolizing vitality, longevity, and prosperity.
- Sayagata (Violet) - Featuring interlocking “manji” characters as a symbol of prosperity and longevity.
- Ogi Chirashi (Black) - pattern in the shape of a folding fan that widens at the bottom, which represents prosperity and growth, and traditionally believed to ward off evil and bad fortune.
- Asa-no-ha (Red) - a triangular pattern believed to have a strong power to ward off evil.
- Sakura (Pink) - the symbolic flower of spring representing new beginnings, prosperity, and luck.
System: Fountain pen uses cartridge or converter
Nib type: Stainless steel nib
Converter is not included, you may purchase the converter separately from our related products.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This pen is a good value for money and everyone should have one. It is the next best thing to owning a more pricey pen. This pen can go anywhere with you and not fear that it might get lost so can use with confidence.